Purpose of Position
The Waitlist Coordinator is responsible for the co-ordination and management of waitlist activities which includes the day to day operational activities of the Waitlist unit, including the rostering of staff, management of staff and to provide direction, support and feedback for all team members to facilitate delivery of quality outcomes in the achievement of Waitlist unit and divisional objectives.
This position is responsible for the coordination of the waitlist at RNS Hospital. Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant policies that relate to the NSW Health Waiting Time and Elective Patient Management Policy and achievement of stated required outcomes.
• Ensuring systems are in place to facilitate efficient Admissions Processes
• Meeting NSW Health reporting requirements as required
• Ensuring all staff are trained as appropriate to enable adherence to NSW Health policy
• Dissemination of information relating to waiting list management as required
1. Demonstrated experience and knowledge in leading and managing staff to meet objectives of a department / service
2. Demonstrated experience in problem solving and negotiation at a high level
3. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding waiting list policies, procedures, practises and issues.
4. Demonstrated experience and knowledge in implementing and supporting staff through change using change management principles
5. Robust interpersonal skills to provide effective communication, both written and verbal
6. Demonstrated skills in building effective relationships with a multidisciplinary team and ability to manage staff / patient / carer issues in a sensitive and confidential manner
7. Demonstrated computer skills including competency software platforms
8. Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a health related field.