Purpose of Position
The primary role of this position is to provide comprehensive triage assessments to clients referred to Karitane services, to ensure the families access Karitane services in a timely manner. Additionally, the intake clinician’s role is to provide a liaison function between Karitane and a range of referral partners to ensure families are linked to appropriate services.
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Commission for Children and Young People. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Commission for Children and Young People Website https://check.kids.nsw.gov.au/
Interested applicants need to contact Karitane directly or see below under supporting documents for an Application Package or alternatively visit our website at: www.karitane.com.au.
Job sharing will be considered.
Completed applications can be send to Angela.firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A degree in Nursing, or Social Work which provides eligibility or membership of the relevant professional association/full registration through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. Mental Health Nurse to be a Credentialed Mental Health Nurse. Child & Family Health Nurse to hold relevant qualification.
2. Demonstrated experience in working with complex families with Child and Family Health, Mental Health and early parenting issues.
3. Demonstrated advanced communication skills including phone, verbal and written
4. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
5. Demonstrated advanced computer skills
6. Familiarity with current data collection systems and practices
7. Demonstrated customer focus and ability to manage complex interpersonal dynamics
8. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, triage set priorities and manage time effectively