Purpose of Position
Responsible to the Head of Department through the Chief MRS for the effective organisation and control of the out of hours extended hours of operation of the MRI section for both inpatients and outpatients. The position will ensure that the highest professional standards during examinations is given to clients whilst under their care.
1.Hold a Diploma of the Australian Institute of Radiography or other qualification accredited by the AIR as rendering the holder eligible for membership.
2. Demonstrate incorporating radiation/MR safety principles, the ability to perform a wide range of MR Scanning procedures.
3. Co-ordinate and participate in an out of hours MRI roster and demonstrate a superior level of expertise in MR Scanning.
4. Demonstrate using effective communication skills the ability to provide a quality service to all levels of personnel and customers.
5. Demonstrate effective organisational skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
6. Demonstrate ability to implement and monitor OH&S policies and procedures.
7. Demonstrate ability to instruct Radiographers, students and other health workers in techniques appropriate to the department.
8. Have a thorough understanding of the principles of Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Improvement.