Therapy Assistant – Albany
- Attractive salary packaging options - up to $15,899 tax free
- Part Time Position, Monday-Friday
- Excellent Opportunity to work alongside Allied Health and Nursing Professionals
Silver Chain have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Therapy Assistant to join our diverse and dynamic team in Albany who will undertake rehabilitation, correctional and physical activities as directed by Nursing and/or Allied Health Professional to meet client needs, this role is on a Part Time Basis between Monday and Friday starting times are 7.00am.
- Assist with group activities where necessary and within the scope of ability and training to meet client needs.
- Evaluate care provided to clients on an ongoing basis to ensure activities and care provided is consistent with changing client needs.
- Identify areas for ongoing training and development.
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Cert III in Allied Health Assistance or working towards.
- Demonstrated experience in aged care activities and/or speech/mobility/occupational and/or cognitive therapies.
- A current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Well Developed communication, time management and organisational skills.
Under the Aged Care act 1997, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to commencement.
- Travel Allowance of $.78 per kilometre for travel between clients
- Work tools provided to you to perform your work
- Health Care benefits
- Award winning Health and Well-being programs
How to apply
To submit your application, and to view a copy of the Position Description, click ‘Apply’
Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be accepted.
About Silver Chain.
Silver Chain is one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit health and community care providers. Over the past year, we have helped more than 16,500 clients confidently live in their homes or communities by providing more than a million hours of care through our aged care services. With a reputation for innovation and leadership that’s been built over 120 years, Silver Chain is set for an exciting future – and we’d like you to be a part of it.
At Silver Chain Group, we recognise the positive contribution that a diverse workforce makes to our organisation and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.