- Attractive salary packaging options - up to $15,899 tax free
- Friendly, supportive working environment
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced and passionate community support worker to join Silver Chain Group in the position of Care Aide, where you will be required make yourself available for potential shifts from Monday to Sunday 7am – 11pm within Bunbury.
Our Care Aides deliver exceptional care and support to our clients, enhancing and encouraging their ability to participate in their own care to maintain their independence. Responsibilities can include skin care, toileting, general hygiene, grooming, dressing, fitting and removal of pressure stockings, mobility, fluid intake, feeding, meal preparation, respite and assisting with medication. Support may also be required with general housekeeping, social support and basic first aid.
We are seeking an experienced individual who shares our vision of providing the world’s best health and aged care in the home so Australians can confidently live their lives as they choose. Your commitment to our values of - Care, Community, Integrity and Excellence will be reflected in your approach and the way in which you provide services and care within the community.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Support, HACC or Disability
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the community as a Care Aide, Support Worker delivering low, moderate and complex care.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritise workload and work independently.
- Solid working knowledge of the Wellness Approach (HACC) and understand the concept of early intervention and restorative care.
- Satisfactory national Police Certificate (on commencement of employment and updated every three years per the Aged Care Act 1997).
- Current motor vehicle driver’s licence (with no restrictions) and access to a reliable registered motor vehicle with a minimum of third party insurance.
Under the Aged Care act 1997, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to commencement.
- Travel Allowance of $.78 per kilometre for travel between clients
- Smart phone provided to perform your work
- Health Care benefits
- Social Club – discounted tickets for movies, the zoo and more (dependant on location)
How to apply
To submit your application, and to view a copy of the Position Description, click ‘Apply’
Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be accepted.
About Silver Chain
Silver Chain is one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit health and community care providers. Over the past year, we have helped more than 16,500 clients confidently live in their homes or communities by providing more than a million hours of care through our aged care services. With a reputation for innovation and leadership that’s been built over 120 years, Silver Chain is set for an exciting future – and we’d like you to be a part of it.
At Silver Chain Group, we recognise the positive contribution that a diverse workforce makes to our organisation and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.