Purpose of Position
Dental officers employed at level 2 provide a full range of professional dental tasks described for a level 1 dental officer. In addition, this dental officer will regularly encounter, diagnose and treat dental diseases and dental health problems of greater-than-usual difficulty. Positions at this level are required to exercise independent professional judgement on routine matters. They may require professional supervision from more senior staff when performing novel, complex or critical tasks.
1. Dental qualification eligible for registration as a dentist with the Dental Board of Australia
2. Minimum of two years clinical experience
3. Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
4. Demonstrated ability to exercise independent professional judgement on routine matters
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
6. Ability and willingness to travel for work purposes. This may involve driving long distances within Southern and Murrumbidgee Local Health Networks.
7. Evidence of a current Class C drivers licence