Purpose of Position
To work as a senior member of the Specialist Mental Health Services for Older People team and play a key role in ensuring the safe, timely and high quality provision of mental health services to the community and Ryde Hospital consultation-liaison services. To provide medical leadership which focuses on continuous quality improvement of services and to ensure appropriate clinical governance of the service, including teaching and supervision.
1. FRANZCP or equivalent
2. Medical Board of Australia registration (or eligibility)
3. Drivers Licence
4. Aged Care and Acute Psychiatry experience and membership of the Faculty of Old Aged Psychiatry or working towards the same.
5. Familiarity with NSW Mental Health Act
6. Experience in working with a multidisciplinary team.
7. Experience in teaching and supervision of registrars, medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team
8. Accreditation as a supervisor with RANZCP