Job Title: Mental Health, Justice Health, Drug and Alcohol Registered Nurses
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 1
Position Number: 32344, several
Annual Salary: $63,548 - $84,888
Branch: Canberra Hospital and Health Services
Section: Multiple Areas - Adult Mental Health Unit, Mental Health Short Stay Unit, Drug and Alcohol Unit, Justice and Primary Health
Vacancy Type: Temporary with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
Duration: 6 - 12 months.
Hours: Full-time and Part-time Available
Contact Officer: Chris Mead (02) 6244 2915
ACT Health is a values-led Directorate. Our values guide our day to day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. They were developed by us, for us and are unique to our work.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
Canberra Hospital and Health Services provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community-based health services to the ACT and surrounding region.
The key strategic priority for acute services is to deliver timely access to effective and safe hospital care services. The hospital delivers a full range of medical, surgical and obstetric services, including complex procedures in areas such as cardiac surgery, neurosurgery and neonatal intensive care.
Strong links exist between hospital and community-based services, as many of the operational divisions deliver services across the continuum of care to ensure continuity of care for patients. The community based services of ACT Health include early childhood, youth and women’s health; dental services, rehabilitation and community care; mental health and alcohol and drug services. In addition, justice health services are provided within the Territory’s’ detention facilities.
ACT Health is a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
We are seeking a range of highly trained Registered Nurses to fill positions within our Mental Health, Justice Health, Drug and Alcohol Units.
Under broad direction, you will play an instrumental role in providing day to day quality patient care to the ACT and surrounding communities.
Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Tertiary qualifications or equivalent related to field of expertise.
Please note prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
• Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
• Provide a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes.
Note: These are temporary positions available for 6 -12 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. Multiple positions are available with flexible hours. Full-time and Part-time positions will be considered. These positions work a 24/7 rotation roster.
1. Provides direct patient care within an ethical and professional framework.
2. Practices in accordance with the relevant legislation.
3. Practices in a way that acknowledges the dignity, culture, values, beliefs and rights of individuals and/or groups.
4. Advocates for individuals and/or groups and their rights for nursing care within the organisational and management structure.
5. Integrates nursing and health care knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide safe and effective nursing care.
6. Integrates organisational policy and guidelines with professional standards.
7. Undertaking other duties as directed, within the approved scope of clinical practice.
1. Demonstrated commitment and competency in the provision of nursing care that promotes best professional practice and improved health outcomes within a multidisciplinary team.
2. Evidence of flexibility and skills to provide a high standard of care within a range of disciplines.
3. Knowledge and understanding of the National Safety and Quality Health Services Standards and Quality Improvement processes and the ability to reflect on practice.
4. Proven commitment to professional development.
5. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills reflecting professional and organisational standards.
6. Demonstrates a commitment to work, health and safety (WHS) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with ACT Health’s values of Care, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
How To Apply
To complete your application, read the roles and responsibilities and the selection criteria. The selection criteria is the key criteria in which you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience.
If you like what you see, send us your CV and your pitch – in no more than two pages – telling us what you would bring to the team as a Registered Nurse and how you would use your skills to make a difference.
Within your Cover letter, please identify if you are wishing to work full-time, part-time, and which Critical Care Area you would like to work in - Adult Mental Health Unit, Mental Health Short Stay Unit, Justice Health, Primary Health and/or Drug and Alcohol units.
For more information on how to apply go to http://www.health.act.gov.au/employment/how-apply.
For further information about the position and a copy of the performance expectations and jobs demands checklist, please contact the Contact Officer above.