Skilled Medical currently have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Nurse Unit Manager – Peri-Operative Services to commence as soon as possible with a coastal Victorian Health Service.
As a Nurse Unit manager, you are responsible for areas including pre-admission, theatre, recovery, CSSD, DPU, and contributing to the effectiveness of the Health Care Service by:
- Providing clinical nurse leadership;
- Participating in planning the direction and nature of the nursing service;
- Determining, implementing and monitoring clinical practice and standards, utilising evidence based practice methods;
- Managing and providing direction for nursing and ancillary unit staff;
- Maintaining effective coordination of care between health care providers, and by
- Being conversant with current legislation and health industry standards with regard to clinical risk management and occupational health and safety
Providing an integrated health service, this hospital comprises of acute, primary health and aged residential care services.
The health service provides 24-hour, 7 days a week Urgent Care Centre (Emergency Department), has 69 registered inpatient beds, 2 operating theatres, 8-bed day procedure unit, 30 bed residential aged care facility, a GP Super clinic and more.
Located on the far south-west coast of Victoria, this is the site of Victoria's first permanent settlement back in 1834, with the town quickly prospering due to fishing, pastoral and agricultural industries.
All applicants must be a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation (APHRA).
A Qualification in Health or Business Management (or working towards) will also be highly regarded.
About Skilled Medical
Skilled Medical is an international medical recruitment, placement and services firm that delivers qualified medical professionals wherever they are needed in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist medical professionals with locum/temp and permanent placements.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with years of industry experience and is dedicated to assisting medical professionals in their work and careers.
For further information, please send your most up to date CV to Megan Jones by selecting the ‘Apply’ button below, or please call a member of our permanent team in Australia on 1300 900 100.