PRIVATE PRACTICE OPPORTUNITY for:
CONSULTANT PAEDIATRICIAN and or CHILD ADDOLESCENT PSYCHIATRIST
Long-standing highly regarded Private Paediatric Behavioural & Developmental practice is looking for a Specialist Consultant Paediatrician, with the same field of interest, with a long-term view of buying into a Practice and taking over from the current partner. We are seeking a motivated individual who will build on their own patient caseload and eventually take over the managing partner’s existing patients with their on-going treatment and management.
ABOUT THE PRACTICE
The Practice has been established for well over 20 years and enjoys a great reputation with well over 8,000 patients on our database. It is situated in Westmead - close to the thriving Parramatta CBD, hospitals and specialised and general services.
The Practice in its current layout has two large consulting rooms, Reception and waiting area, large kitchen area, two toilets (one with shower) and a third office which could be easily another consulting room. On-site parking is available currently for three vehicles with plenty off-street parking available.
The Owner/Partner owns the building and land size is 174m2 which means unlimited potential for future planning and or growth and expansion.
ABOUT THE POSITION AND WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The right person will be motivated to build onto what is already a well-established practice and eventually making it their own. Delivery of the position involves the provision, assessment, diagnosis, care planning and treatment for patients and providing access to services. The aim is to support children and young people with developmental, behavioural, emotional and mental health difficulties, and their families.
- Leadership and motivation
- Initiative and willingness to consider innovative ways of providing an excellent yet cost-effective service
- Establish links with clinical and research institutions to support service improvement and new business opportunities
- Act as a key resource person for colleague paediatricians and general practitioners in the management of complex developmental and behavioural issues
- Contribute to Strategic planning to the practice
Essential Capacity Criteria
Registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia, Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (Paediatrics) or specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialist (State) Award or Health Insurance Act 1973.
- A recognised sub-specialty qualification in Community Child Health by the RACP or demonstrated experience equivalent to that required by Community Child Health training.
- Experience in the management of behavioural and mental health and complex psychosocial problems associated with developmental issues in children, including behavioural intervention models, family/individual counselling and the use of psycho-pharmacology.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in relevant settings with the capacity to advocate for the health, developmental and psycho-social needs of children and their families, including persons from vulnerable backgrounds and/or with developmental disability.
- Experience in developing and maintaining collaborative relationships and partnerships with external health care providers and key stakeholders, including but not limited to: schools, community health service providers in Local Health Districts, Family & Community Services, NGOs, private providers and Aboriginal Medical Services.
Technical Skills - Clinical
- Provision of quality assessment, diagnostic and treatment services for pre-school, school- aged children and adolescents with complex developmental issues
- Prescribing and management of psycho-pharmacological medication, including complex regimes
- Service Improvement
- Perform other duties that are within the skills, competence and training of the position holder and peripheral to the position.
- Professional - Undertake continuous professional development and Development education in line with the Royal Australian College of Physicians
- Regulation Agency (AHPRA) requirements and to continually meet changing career and industry needs
- Three years post fellowship in General Paediatrics or Community Child Health.
- Experience delivering paediatric services via telehealth.
- Experience in community child health clinics (including Out of Home Care, infant of substance abuse in pregnancy, aboriginal health in the community).
- Training and experience in using the Griffiths Mental Development Scales or equivalent developmental assessment and screening tools, and Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) in clients with a broad range of developmental problems.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and how it applies to developmental paediatrics.
- Experience in developmental and community paediatrics (including experience at a consultant or staff specialist level) with a demonstrated ability to provide quality assessment, diagnosis and treatment for preschool, school-aged children and adolescents with complex developmental issues
ABOUT THE CURRENT PARTNER
Our managing partner has been in Private Practice at Westmead for over 20 years specialising in Behavioural and Developmental problems. He sees children who are not making the normal expected progress with their development, or they might be identified as having autism or an intellectual disability and many of those kids will have behavioural problems in association.
He has been invited to teach and mentor other professionals about the common injuries associated with child abuse as well as Behavioural and Developmental problems and his qualifications and experience are well regarded and highly sought after within this field.
If this is of interest, please call Paul on 0416 130 754 for a confidential discussion with any questions you may have. Alternatively please email to: email@example.com