What's on offer:
- Attractive rates of pay, currently between $23.30-$26.53 per hour dependent on experience
- Salary Sacrifice of $15,900 p/a - benefits to increase your take home pay
- New residential aged care facility
- Employment within a growing sector
We are currently seeking to recruit Therapy Assistants to work at our Juniper Gerdewoonem facility, located in Kununurra. Juniper Gerdewoonem, due to open June 2018, will deliver high quality residential accommodation and care services designed to provide a full continuum of care to older Western Australians. Comprising of 30 beds and skilfully purpose built for the region, Gerdewoonem aims to meet the needs of the community in a culturally appropriate manner, utilising local knowledge and the experience Juniper has acquired as a leading aged care provider for more than sixty years.
This role is responsible for assisting residents with group and individual activity programs. In addition to this, you will be actively contributing to the development and implementation of activity programs which meet the physical, cognitive, social and emotional needs of residents.
On offer is a part-time position working a variety of days as rostered. Shifts are Monday-Friday 10:30am-6:30pm, Saturday-Sunday 2:00pm-6:30pm.
Key Responsibilities of this role:
- Assist residents and clients with group and individual activity programs designed to stimulate cognitive ability
- Contributes to the evaluation of care plans
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of innovative and balanced activity programs which meet the physical, cognitive, social and emotional needs of our residents
- Assists therapists in maintaining/improving residents’ functional independence
- Completes therapy statistics on a daily basis
- Provides feedback to therapists on outcome of interventions
The Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Completion of a Certificate III in Allied Health (Highly Regarded)
- Experience working as a Therapy Assistant is desirable
- Experience working in the Aged Care Industry, in either community or residential
- Verbal and written communication skills for interacting with staff, residents, families and service providers
People of all ages are encouraged to apply. Juniper may commence the recruitment process prior to the advertised closing date.