Skilled Medical is seeking applications for the role of Executive Director of Medical Services (EDMS), at South West Hospital and Health Service (SWHHS) Queensland.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced medical administrator or senior clinician to enhance the delivery of medical services across South West Queensland.
The position would be suitable for a specialist in medical administration or a senior clinician in another speciality who has significant management experience and proven leadership capabilities.
The EDMS will be a key member of the Executive Leadership Team and report to the Health Service Chief Executive.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership in the planning and management of clinical services across all facilities within SWHHS.
- Oversight of the medical workforce unit, ensuring the effective supply of quality medical staff to meet the needs of the health service.
- Leadership of SWHHS's clinical governance functions and promotion of organisation-wide continuous improvement and quality service delivery.
- Strengthening of stakeholder engagement and development of relationships and networks to optimise healthcare outcomes.
- Provision of advice and support to the Chief Executive and the Executive Leadership Team to ensure health needs priorities and service level agreement targets are met.
Applicants should have specialist medical qualifications, hold or be eligible for AHPRA registration and have the right to work in Australia.
The Health Service
The South West Hospital and Health Service is a rural and remote public health service, with 17 individual healthcare facilities providing services to a population of 26,000. It covers more than 310,000 square kilometres, bordered by three states and covering 21% of Queensland
The position will be based in Roma, population approx. 7,000, in the Western Darling Downs region of Queensland, a centre of thriving primary industries including beef, grain and wool.
Employment is offered in accordance with the Medical Officers’ (Queensland Health) Certified Agreement (No.4), within a range from $324,782 to $449,749 p.a.
Skilled Medical is recruiting for this role on behalf of SWHHS.
For enquiries and/or to receive of a copy of the Role Description please contact Medical Recruitment Consultants Megan Jones or Melissa Houston on 1300 900 100.
Applications must include a current CV and a cover letter addressing the key requirements for the position and should be emailed to Megan@skilledmedical.com
Closing Date: Friday 15th June