Job Title: Nurse
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 2
Annual Salary: $88,249 - $93,533
Branch: Critical Care
Section: Acute Clinical Service Unit
Vacancy Type: Temporary Full-time
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension.
Position Number: 19485
Closing Date: 31 May 2018
Contact Officer: Kylie Johns firstname.lastname@example.org (02) 6174 5734
ACT Health is a values-led Directorate. Our values guide our day-to-day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. They were developed by us, for us and are unique to our work.
Overview of the work area and position
Nurses at this level provide a competent and safe level of nursing care commensurate with experience to patients within ACT Health. The activities required of roles at this level are predominately clinical in nature. Nurses at this level accept accountability for their own practice standards, activities delegated to others and the guidance and development of less experienced staff.
• Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
• Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
• Comply with ACT Health Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
This is a temporary position available for a period of six months with the possibility of extension.
1. A registered nurse whose qualification meets the minimum standard for registration in Australia with preferred experience in the relevant field.
2. Extensive demonstrated competence in providing direct patient care (for patients of varying complexity) utilising the nursing process, and incorporating a risk assessment approach while working within professional legislation and existing policies and procedures.
3. Proven leadership ability and commitment to the fostering of a learning culture, education and training.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and appropriately (orally, non-verbally and in writing), in a diverse range of situations, including negotiation and consultation using consistent & transparent processes.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience.
Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them.
1. Assess patients/clients needs, plan, implement and contribute appropriate service delivery options and communicate changes in condition and care.
2. Maintain own professional development activities and portfolio through formal and informal training activities and disseminate the acquired information and knowledge. Also supports the development of others and contribute to the learning in the work area.
3. Contribute to communication processes that effectively deal with challenging behaviours and the resolution of conflicts.
4. Work within a team to attain consistency of nursing practice standards and local service requirements.
5. Participate in nursing practice review, quality improvement, clinical research and policy development.
6. Provide leadership and promote a commitment to high quality customer service principles, practices and attributes.
7. Comply with and implement Workplace Diversity, Occupational Health and Safety, and Industrial Democracy principles and practices and display a commitment to The Canberra Hospital’s Values.
How to Apply
To complete your application, you must prepare responses to the Selection Criteria and upload this as part of your application along with a current curriculum vitae. For more information on how to apply go to http://www.health.act.gov.au/employment/how-apply.
For further information about the position and a copy of the performance expectations and jobs demands checklist please contact the Contact Officer above.