Job Title: Transition to Neonatal Nursing Program 2018
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 1
Annual Salary: $63,548 - $84,888
Branch: Women Youth and Children
Section: Department of Neonatology
Vacancy Type: Temporary Full-time
Duration: 12 months
Position Number: 38313, several
Closing Date: 31 May 2018
Contact Officer: Chanel Connor (02) 6174 7578 firstname.lastname@example.org
ACT Health is a values-led Directorate. Our values guide our day-to-day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. They were developed by us, for us and are unique to our work.
Are you looking for a change and would like to work in Special Care Nursery and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children? Special Care Nursery (SCN) and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)is located in the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children, Garran ACT. It is a dynamic 28 bed unit which provides neonatal care from birth to discharge. SCN and NICU are family integrated and developmentally care focused units with staff who work closely to achieve excellent outcomes for the neonates and families in our care. You will be well supported by a twelve month structured transition program including support by Clinical Development Nurses.
• Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
• Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
• Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
• Comply with ACT Health Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
There are several temporary positions available for a period of 12 months with the possibility of extension. An order of merit list may be established to fill future vacancies at level over the next 12 months.
1. Provides patient care within an ethical and professional framework.
2. Practices in accordance with the relevant legislation.
3. Practices in a way that acknowledges the dignity, culture, values, beliefs and rights of individuals and or groups.
4. Advocates for individuals and or groups and their rights for nursing care within the organisational and management structure.
5. Understands and practices within own scope of practice.
6. Integrates nursing and health care knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide safe and effective nursing care.
7. Integrates organisational policy and guidelines with professional standards.
8. Recognises differences in accountability and responsibility between RN and EN.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience.
Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them.
1. Demonstrated commitment and competency in the provision of nursing care that promotes best professional practice and improved health outcomes within a multidisciplinary team.
2. Evidence of flexibility and skills to provide a high standard of care within a range of disciplines.
3. Knowledge and understanding of Quality Improvement processes and ability to reflect on practice.
4. Proven commitment to professional development.
5. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills reflecting professional and organisational standards.
6. Demonstrated ability to consistently display commitment to, compliance with and leadership in high quality Customer Service, Workplace Diversity, Occupational Health and Safety and Industrial Democracy principles, practices and relevant legislation relating to these areas and an understanding of and commitment to the organisations values.
How to Apply
To complete your application, you must prepare responses to the Selection Criteria and upload this as part of your application along with a current curriculum vitae. For more information on how to apply go to http://www.health.act.gov.au/employment/how-apply.
For further information about the position and a copy of the performance expectations and jobs demands checklist please contact the Contact Officer above.