Physiotherapist- South Melbourne
We aim to provide our clients with a strong foundation of health and physical well being so they can be the best they can be, and more. Since opening in 2000, South Melbourne Physio has grown to become a busy multidisciplinary clinic, providing high level physiotherapy and related services. We have a strong network of local referrers, sporting clubs and a well-established client base. Set in an active, vibrant and creative suburb, we expect our staff to reflect the passion and lifestyle of the local community.
About the role
The successful applicant will be supported within a current team of 7 physio's, including 3 senior physiotherapists to help facilitate development and learning. The position will initially commence as a contractor role with part to full time hours, providing annual leave cover (we have staff travelling abroad for 5 months from June-Nov.). Our expectation is for the successful candidate to become a permanent full-time member of our team. You will be required to manage a full caseload and utilise manual therapy, clinical pilates, functional rehab and injury prevention. The role has flexibility of hours and is generally split into morning or evening shifts, to allow 'life outside work', with Saturday work required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Treat a range of musculoskeletal, sport and occupational injuries
- Instruct clinical pilates classes
- Develop enduring relationships with clients and local community
- Maintain complete and accurate clinical documentation
- Participate in team and individual professional development
- Min. 2-3 years post- graduate (preferred)
- Private practice and clinical pilates experience (preferred)
- AHPRA Registration and Indemnity insurance
- Passion for health and fitness
- Confidence in physiotherapy and communication essential
We know how much coffee means to Melbourne - for that reason SMPC has collaborated with one of the fantastic local cafes to ensure free coffee can be provided to all staff. At South Melbourne Physio, we offer a generous remuneration structure to incentivize high quality work and learning. We provide monthly in-house physio/pilates PD, mentoring, regular staff meetings and strongly encourage self-development. As a team we are grateful for the opportunity to help our clients achieve their physical goals. Our team are caring and we display this on a daily basis to each other and our client base. We have a strong close-knit team who are passionate about life and have fun both at work and outside.
- Negotiable working hours
- Generous PD allowance
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression