An exciting leadership opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, strategically focussed and experienced Occupational Therapist.
This 32 hour per week (permanent) position will support the Directors of Allied Health delivering professional leadership for Occupational Therapists and supporting high quality and safe client and patient care across:
- the Mental Health Addictions and Intellectual Disability Service 3DHB (MHAIDS) of which spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB's and includes local, regional, and national services
- Capital and Coast DHB, inclusive of; general health inpatient, outpatient and community health services.
You will provide specialist advice on specified workforce priorities that will enhance the delivery of effective health services to our population and provide professional leadership for Occupational Therapists across the range of services.
You will have exceptional relationship, leadership and communications skills. You will be able to facilitate strong teamwork amongst all groups of clinical staff, support interdisciplinary practice and work collaboratively with other Professional Leaders and Managers and other related positions within the Mental Health, Addictions and Intellectual Disability Service and Capital Coast DHB.
As the successful applicant you will:
- hold a current Occupational Therapy annual practicing certificate
- have advanced clinical experience and knowledge. Desirable for this experience and knowledge of the health system/services to be across a range of settings including; Mental Health, Addictions and Intellectual Disability Sector, Hospital and Community.
- have demonstrated success in leading and developing staff
- have operated within a complex environment, including meeting the needs of multiple competing demands at the same time
- have a commitment to contribute research and innovation and contribute at a strategic level
- have the ability to command the respect of colleagues and support staff
- be action focused
- be prepared to drive and support others with change.
The successful candidate will ideally also hold a clinical role alongside this role.
This role falls under the Allied Health Career Framework which supports the growth and development of the Allied Health workforce through the development of advanced clinical and/or leadership roles.For further information, please visit:https://www.ccdhb.org.nz/working-with-us/allied-health-scientific-and-technical-careers/allied-health-career-framework/
Candidates will be contacted by the CCDHB if they are successfully shortlisted. Referees will only be contacted with candidates' permission during the selection process. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email if they were not successful for an interview.
All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form by clicking the 'apply now' button (applications for positions will not be accepted unless accompanied by one).
Applications close on Sunday, 20 May 2018.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email Recruitment@ccdhb.org.nz and please indicate vacancy number and job title in the subject line.