This position has the potential of becoming ongoing
This position has also been advertised on Recruitment Online (Jobs in Victorian Schools website) Job No. 1116162
Please apply online via Recruitment Online OR by emailing your resume and completed Selection Criteria to Belmore.Sch@edumail.vic.gov.au
Application close at midnight on Tuesday 27th March 2018 - You must submit your Resume and Selection Criteria before this time to be considered.
If you have any queries please contact Karen Overall (Principal) 03 9859 8762 for further information.
KSC1 - Demonstrated experience in Paediatric Physiotherapy (neurological/physical disabilities) services including experience in assessment, development and evaluation of physical and mobility programs for students aged 5 to 18 years.
KSC2 - Demonstrated knowledge of therapy provision in a special school setting and an understating of ABLES and other school reporting assessment tools as well as the ability to provide secondary consultations to teachers and education support staff.
KSC3 - Demonstrated knowledge of Hydrotherapy provision and other swimming program.
KSC4 - Demonstrated high communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to engage successfully with teachers, therapists and education support staff to support the integration of all programs and achievement of best learning outcomes for all students.
KSC5 - Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA), recognised Higher Education qualification in Physiotherapy and a valid Working with Children Check.
KSC6 - Demonstrated commitment to professional learning and growth for both self and others.
The Physiotherapist will be responsible for the provision of physiotherapy therapy services in a special school setting for students aged 5 to 18 years students with physical disability and/or health impairments.
The successful incumbent will work alongside teachers and therapists in a multi-disciplinary context using contemporary evidence-based therapeutic and educational frameworks.
The Physiotherapist will undertake a range of duties including but not limited to; manual handling training, therapy services, hydrotherapy, swimming programs, assessment for reporting purposes and secondary consultations.
- To provide Physiotherapy services to Belmore students aged 5 to 18 years.
- To provide Hydrotherapy and other swimming programs at the school.
- To provide manual handling and back care training supporting safe practices of students’ transfers.
- To undertake Physiotherapy assessments to assess each student’s level of physical and mobility development.
- To design, implement, deliver and evaluate individualised programs to promote further physical and mobility development to the students’ best of ability.
- To support and plan students’ pre and post discharge programs from orthopaedic and other surgeries.
- To provide consultations to teachers, therapists and education support staff to embed occupational therapy programs within the curriculum.
- To provide support and training to all staff regarding students physical conditions.
- To support students’ participation in community access programs.
- To provide support with equipment management at the school.
- To provide assessment reports and other supporting documents for funding applications.
- To provide in-house training and workshops as required.
- To undertake other duties as directed by the Principal and Engagement and Wellbeing leader