Purpose of Position
The primary objective of the position is to coordinate the implementation of the World Health Organisation (WHO) Surgical Safety Checklist in Hunter New England Local Health Network (HNE LHN). Implementation is to be complete by 01 July 2011.
Applications are called for the position of Project Officer, WHO Surgical Safety Checklist, for a period of six months.
This is a full-time position, reporting to the Director Clinical Governance as Project Executive Sponsor, with line management to the Associate Director Clinical Governance. There is a secondment option for eligible successful applicants, subject to the agreement of relevant parties. There will be travel associated with the role.
• Tertiary qualifications in a health discipline or with at least five years clinical experience in an acute health care setting
• Demonstrated experience in project management concerning organisational change including an established track record in effectively delivering project milestones
• Working knowledge of the principles for safe surgery; the patient verification process, the WHO Surgical Safety Checklist program and NSW Health Correct Patient, Correct Procedure and Correct Site Policy (PD2007_079) requirements in surgical and other procedural settings
• Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills in interacting effectively with clinical staff, senior managers and external stakeholders
• Ability to show appropriate initiative and to work in a multidisciplinary team environment with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated effective written communication skills, including preparation of reports to governing bodies and/or senior management, correspondence, presentations and committee support
• Relevant computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, i.PM and Pathlore
• Current NSW Driver’s Licence and ability to travel to HNE LHN facilities, with willingness to have some flexibility in hours