Purpose of Position
• To provide high quality care that is customer focused to the patients/clients and carers of Sydney West Area Health Service.
• To work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary health team in the planning, implementation, assessment and evaluation of care within the unit.
• To ensure optimal outcomes for patients/clients and carers of the service through the promotion of best practice.
• Act as advocate to establish and maintain patients' autonomy.
• To effectively manage resources relevant to the service.
• To maintain and promote a professional standard evidenced by ethical practice, adherence to the policies and standards of Sydney West Area Health Service and the appropriate legislation and statutory regulations.
• Provide individualised and innovative care according to patients needs as per work schedule.
• Assist nursing staff with patient care as directed by nursing staff e.g. patient lifting, showering and personal care etc.
• Transport patients to and from treatment and diagnostic areas as required, using a bed mover if patient is transported in a bed.
• Transport patients home on urgent basis only and on request from NUM-Operational Support or AHNM.
• Assist Nursing Staff with the transfer of deceased patients to the Mortuary.
• Liaise with NUM Operation Support /After Hours Nurse Managers / NUM’s and Team Leaders as to where assistance is required with patient care.
Current first aid certificate
Current Class C driver licence
Ability to work a rotating roster
Patient/Client service focus
Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
Immunisation category A
Demonstrated knowledge of OH&S principles