Purpose of Position
The enrolled nurse is an associate of the registered nurse and is required to demonstrate competence in the provision of patient-centred care. As specific by the AHPRA the enrolled nurse works under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse and is responsible at all times for his/her actions and accountable in providing delegated nursing care.
In areas of health and functional status the nurse undertakes assessment; interventions; evaluation and monitoring and at all times maintains ongoing communication with the registered nurse about the outcome of care.
The nurse has ongoing responsibilities for providing emotional support and comfort to patients and to advocate for and facilitate the involvement of individuals / families/ carers in planning and evaluating care.
Contributing to decision making through reporting changes in the health and functional statue of patients, nurses require skills of critical and reflective thinking to respond to health care intervention.
3) Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
1) Current enrolment with AHPRA as an enrolled nurse.
5) Commitment to professional development and ongoing education.
6) Demonstrated ability to conduct nursing practice in a manner that respects the rights of individuals and groups.
2) Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
4) Knowledge and understanding of the team nursing model of care.