Purpose of Position
A Part-time opportunity based at Braeside Hospital, Prairiewood NSW
HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation and continuity of NSW Health entitlements
HammondCare provides excellent training and development opportunities
About the role
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care,mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with Public health System Nurses’ and Midwives (State Award) and the Crown Employees Nurses’ (State Award). For more info check out our website:
Selection Criteria1. Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
2. Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
3. A passion to work in one of our speciality units - Palliative Care, Rehabilitation or Specialist Mental Health for the Older Person
4. Minimum 12 months experience working as a Registered Nurse
5. Experience and/or qualifications in the specialty (desirable).
6. Experience in working with people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and other language/ bilingual skills (desirable).
7. Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services.
8. Sound computer skills.
9. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
10. Empathy and patience.