Purpose of Position
To utilise Structured Query Language (SQL) to extract and transform data from source and to allow the provision of other initiatives using this data. For example, creating a system to allow for self-service analytics of eMR.
• Proven experience in SQL or an SQL derivative (such as Cerner’s CCL). VMS, UNIX, Linux and Windows experience and appropriate computing science qualifications are desirable.
• Proven experience in database development as well as a knowledge of different database designs and their impact upon performance.
• Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to work with clients to meet their requirements.
• Experience in change control management/version control processes and in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is desirable.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, such as the ability to communicate technical solutions to a non-technical audience.
• Proven ability to work with minimal supervision as well as work as part of a team, to meet project deadlines.
• Working knowledge of health information systems and the health system is desirable.