NOTE: This requisition serves to allow applicants to EXPRESS THEIR INTEREST.
The ADHB have roles available and can advise on positions up to 12 months ahead!
When submitting your application, please state clearly in the cover letter which of the following disciplines you are interested, and if more than one also the priority order:
HEMS (Helicopter emergency medical service)
Clinical Fellow with toxicology interest
Clinical Fellow with ultrasound interest
Auckland City Hospital is the largest public Hospital in New Zealand and one of the best trauma centres in the country. The closely knit team consists of 25 FACEM’s, 10 Medical officers/Fellows and 20 Resident medical officers. The department sees about 63,000 adult patients annually with a high patient acuity.
The Adult Emergency Department is
· Accredited by the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine
· Affiliated with the University of Auckland, Schools of Medicine and Health Science.
· Actively involved in clinical and university based teaching ( including the ACME course, ACLS, Ultrasound, ED thoracotomy and difficult airway courses)
· Responsible (in conjunction with the Auckland Rescue Helicopter trust) for running the Helicopter Emergency Medical service (HEMS) which has been successful in providing fully integrated care for trauma patients.
· Currently involved in a number of key national and international research projects.
· Aligned with the Auckland DHB's values
The Fellow positions suit applicants who are in their final year of training and help in the transition to becoming a specialist. Recruitment to these positions occur biannually.
These are predominantly clinical positions but you will be expected to work a mix of clinical and non-clinical shifts. These positions are available for a fixed period of either 6 or 12 months. We would like the successful applicant to commence work from March 2018 onwards.
As the ideal candidate, you will be either registered or be eligible for registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Please note, you will be required to provide source verification of your qualifications for your registration application. For more information about the registration process and source verification of qualifications, please visit www.mcnz.org.nz
To express your interest to work at the ADHB go to www.careers.adhb.govt.nz quoting job title and reference number 090888. Please attach a Cover Letter and your latest CV as only applications submitted online via the ADHB website will be accepted.
Click here for a position description
For assistance with the online application process contact Pieter Erasmus, Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com .
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com