Job Title: Assistant in Nursing
Classification: Assistant in Nursing
Annual Salary: $48,888 - $50,543
Branch: Rehabilitation Aged and Community Care
Section: Community Care Program
Vacancy Type: Casual
Position Number: C09487, several
Closing Date: 21 December 2017
Contact Officer: Leontine Muis (02) 6244 2900 firstname.lastname@example.org
ACT Health is a values-led Directorate. Our values guide our day-to-day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. They were developed by us, for us and are unique to our work.
Overview of the work area and position
Rehabilitation, Aged and Community Care (RACC) is a vibrant and diverse Division within ACT Health providing multidisciplinary rehab, aged and community based care across a range of settings. This includes Canberra Hospital, Community Health Centres, Village Creek Centre in Kambah, and Independent Living Centre in Weston. Our staff are committed to the delivery of health services that reflect ACT Health’s values: care, excellence, collaboration and integrity.
The Community Care Program is seeking applications from Assistants in Nursing (AIN’s) for a number of casual positions.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a supportive team, providing assistance with all aspects of daily living activities for a ventilator dependent patient in their own home.
• Certificate III in Health Services Assistance or recognized equivalent (for example working towards Diploma in Nursing or Bachelor of Nursing) is essential.
• Recent experience in the care of ventilated patients.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
• Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
• Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
• Comply with ACT Health Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
There are several casual positions available. All positions involve shift work and are an excellent opportunity to become familiar with this environment as further positions may become available including part-time and permanent opportunities. An order of merit list may be established to fill future vacancies at level over the next 12 months.
Under direct and indirect guidance, supervision and support of Registered Nurses as a member of the nursing care team:
1. Provide safe, effective assistance to the person with high level disability in a community setting, to support their specific needs in performing activities of daily living.
2. Communicate with members of the nursing care team verbally and in writing, and provide specific feedback to Registered Nurses on the personal care given.
3. Contribute to and promote the physical, psychological, social, cultural and spiritual care of the person.
4. Contribute to an environment that is respectful for the personal dignity and integrity of the person.
5. Undertaking other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the section.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience.
Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them.
1. Commitment to providing effective care and support for a person with high level physical disability in a community/ home environment which includes a demonstrated knowledge of safe, effective ways to assist patients perform activities of daily living.
2. Ability to work under direct and indirect supervision from a Registered Nurse and within a team providing patient centred care.
3. Demonstrated good verbal, non verbal and written communication skills including knowledge and understanding of privacy and confidentiality requirements in health care services.
4. Demonstrated commitment to professional and personal development
5. Demonstrates a commitment to work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with ACT Health’s values of Care, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
How to Apply
To complete your application, you must prepare responses to the Selection Criteria and upload this as part of your application along with a current curriculum vitae. For more information on how to apply go to http://www.health.act.gov.au/employment/how-apply.
For further information about the position and a copy of the performance expectations and jobs demands checklist please contact the Contact Officer above.