Purpose of Position
SCHN IC is aligned with the NSW Integrated Care Strategy of NSW Ministry of Health. The team aims to continue developing innovative, system wide and sustainable service models for providing coordinated and integrated care services that will help children reach their full potential in health and wellbeing. The team aims to achieve:
Integrated SCHN services across primary, secondary and tertiary sectors and with key partners
Improved patient experience of the health system
Reduced waiting times for patients as they navigate the system
Improved health outcomes for patients and better quality of life
Reduced avoidable or unnecessary hospitalisations
In particular the Integrated Care Lead will be required to:
Provide strategic and operational management of IC for SCHN.
Work collaboratively with partner organisations in south eastern Sydney, western Sydney and the Murrumbidgee, and with consumer support organisations, in the strategic planning, implementation, operational management and evaluation of ICD activities.
Demonstrate achievement against defined Key Performance Indicators
The overarching objective of SCHN IC is to help children live their healthiest lives, through partnerships with families and all organisations with an interest in the development of children.
1. Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive relevant experience in health, social sciences or related discipline.
2. Sound knowledge of the health system in NSW and the national context; knowledge of policy issues related to integrated care and ability to apply this to the development and delivery of new models of care.
3. Knowledge of international exemplars in paediatric integrated care, and ability to form strategic partnerships in the development and evaluation of new models of care.
4. Demonstrated experience in change management, and strategic planning, and the ability to meet timeframes and deliverables within budget.
5. Exceptional strategic, analytical and problem solving skills.
6. High level interpersonal communication, verbal and written skills and demonstrated ability to communicate, consult and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
7. Advanced competence in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
8. Current unencumbered Drivers Licence for use within NSW/Australia.