Purpose of Position
The Administration Officer - Secretarial Coordinator is to coordinate and manage the day-to-day provision of high quality administrative functions to support the objectives of the Medical Secretarial Service. Responsibilities include ensuring procedures are in place to allow administrative work to be completed accurately and on time, coordinating and managing administrative function for complaints, recruitment, records management and purchasing. In collaboration with the Department Heads, the position is to ensure supervision of all administrative staff within the Service including coordination of human resources, work allocation, staff appraisals and staff development inline with NSW Health and Network Policies and Procedures.
1. Extensive experience in a senior administrative role, with demonstrated initiative and ability to anticipate and meet the needs of the Department
2. Demonstrated superior oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
3. Proven supervisory skills including staff selection, training and development including annual staff appraisals.
4. Working knowledge of relevant office applications, including; Workforce Human Resource Information Systems (KRONOS, Staff Link, Mercury E-Recruitment), eMR, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel).
5. Ability to meet deadlines and deal with multiple demands.
6. Proven experience in reviewing administrative systems and work practices and implementing change