Purpose of Position
The position of CNS Grade 2 is an extended skills role. The CNS Grade 2 classification encompasses the CNS Grade 1 role criteria and is distinguished from the CNS Grade 1 by the following additional role characteristics:
- Exercise extended autonomy of decision making.
- Exercise professional knowledge and judgement in prov-
iding complex care requiring advanced clinical
skills and undertakes one of the following roles:
* Leadership in the development of nursing speciality clinical practice and service delivery in the ward/service/unit: or
* Specialist clinical practice across a small or medium sized health facility/sector/service, or
* Primary case management of a complete episode of care, or
* Primary case management of a continuum of speciality care involving both inpatient and community based services; or
* An authorised extended role within the scope of Registered Nurse practice.
1. Current Nursing Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Authority (AHPRA).
2. Evidence of expert clinical practice.
3. Demonstrated evidence of autonomy in decision making skills.
4. Demonstrated advanced leadership skills.
5. Demonstrated advanced excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Post registration qualification relevant to speciality.
7. Minimum of three years experience in the clinical area of specified post graduate qualification.
8. Demonstrated advanced clinical assessment skills across the pediatric age spectrum.