Purpose of Position
The Clinical Nurse Consultant will provide expert clinical care and education to children and their families within Kids Rehab and the Cerebral Palsy & Movement Disorder Service (CPMD), as well as other clinical streams when required. The CNC role is part of a multidisciplinary team that delivers care across a variety of settings from inpatients to the ambulatory setting. As well as providing general clinical consultancy in the area of paediatric rehabilitation nursing, the role provides advanced clinical practice skills in the management of children with intrathecal baclofen pumps. The CNC role has broad responsibility for collaboration across the SCHN and other service providers in NSW to coordinate the complex care of these children. The CNC plays a key leadership role in quality service development across Kids Rehab. In collaboration and consultation with key internal and external stakeholders, the Clinical Nurse Consultant will undertake primary responsibility for ongoing identification, development and evaluation of clinical practice.
1. Registered Nurse with a current Licence to practice from Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and minimum five years full time equivalent post qualification experience, with at least three years full time equivalent experience in the specialty field.
2. Relevant approved post registration qualification relevant to the field of practice at Masters level or working towards or such other qualifications or experience deemed appropriate by the public hospital or public health organisation.
3. Proven clinical leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary framework with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in nursing practice
4. Demonstrated high level communication and inter-personal skills
5. Proven ability to implement changes and develop direction in clinical practice by the utilisation of evidence based research
6. Demonstrated skills in strategic and clinical service planning, including and understanding of organisational behaviour, change management and cultural change processes
7. Demonstrated competency in the use of contemporary information systems and clinical teaching and the development of specialty education programs
8. Demonstrated provision of a child and family centred consultancy with the ability to work independently