Skilled Medical currently has exciting roles for Rural Generalists (FRACGPs and FACRRMs) who enjoy clinical work in all areas of emergency medicine, including paediatric patients, trauma, procedures, conservative orthopedics, telehealth and more.
This position has teaching, research and university affiliation opportunities, and offers an exceptional package.
It is highly suitable for GPs with strong backgrounds in emergency medicine.
An overview of the benefits:
- Excellent work life balance with roster generally 8 on 6 off
- Community provides a pleasant rural lifestyle including with childcare, good public and private schools, numerous sports clubs, major retailers, cafes and cinemas
- Great base to explore outback Queensland
- Direct flights to Brisbane, Townsville and Cairns (with Qantas, Virgin and Rex)
- Annual leave 5 weeks p.a.
- Professional Development leave of 3.6 weeks p.a.
- Free accommodation provided
- Transfer and appointment expenses
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Remuneration package between $360k to $530k (depending on experience and qualifications)
- Additional penalty payments of over $100k (depending on roster, overtime, recalls and on call)
This Level 4 regional hospital has 80-beds and is a major referral centre for region. The town has a rural Flying Doctor Service base providing rural retrievals and there is a significant indigenous population. Recently undergoing a major redevelopment including a new Emergency Department/A&E, this facility offers a diverse range of services including A & E, Aged Care, Anaesthetics, Community Health, Day Surgery, Dental, Dietetics, Family Planning, General Medicine, General Surgery, Intensive Care, Maternity, Medical Imaging and Mental Health.
This rural Queensland location offers excellent schools, day care centres and sports clubs. The region's restaurants and clubs also offer good range of food and drink, leisure and social activities. From camping to canoeing and 4 x 4 excursions, this rural location offers diverse outdoor activities and places to explore on your weekends.
Candidates must hold specialist registration with AHPRA and fellowship with ACRRM or RACGP.
About Skilled Medical
Skilled Medical is an accredited provider of medical personnel to health services in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. With local offices in Melbourne and London, we offer a personalised service to doctors in their search for jobs, and provide professional assistance with compliance, health authority registration and right to work pathways. Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with years of industry experience and is dedicated to assisting medical professionals in their work and careers.
For further information, please send your most up to date CV to Robert Campbell by selecting the ‘Apply’ button below, or please call a member of our permanent team in the UK on +44 (0) 333 444 2000 or in Australia on 1300 900 100.