Purpose of Position
The Clinical Support Officer (CSO) role will support the work activities of the Nursing Unit Managers and Education Team in the General Operating Suite/Adult Recovery/Murnaghan Urology Centre. The CSO will work closely with existing administrative staff such as administration officers at the unit level. The role will complement existing roles, systems and processes in the Operating Suite.
The CSO may be asked to assist with all or some of the activities listed below
The CSO will work under broad supervision but will be required to take some independent action. Scope exists for exercising initiative in the application of established work practices and procedures. Decisions affecting the overall functioning and management of the unit remain the responsibility of the Nurse Manager/NUM.
• Effective written and communication skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to work and liaise with staff at all levels.
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to problem solve.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• High level of computer skills, Work Excel.
• Previous experience in an acute healthcare setting.