Purpose of Position
Supervise and coordinate the day to day operational activities of the sterilisation department.
Responisble for rostering, daily allocations and work with the Perioperative NM in the recruitment of sterilisation technicians.
Monitoring and maintaining stock levels for the TSSU department.
Monitor and organise required maintenance of equipment for the department.
Provide on the job training for new staff and continue education for all current staff.
Ensure that all validated processes are performed and recorded.
Collating KPI data and ward utilisation is costed for external departments.
Updating and educating staff with the current tracking system MaQS.
1. Completion of O-Ten Sterilisation Certificate and / or significant experience in an acute care facility.
2. Demonstrated experience in co-ordination and training staff in TSSU/CSSD.
3. Extensive experience in coordinating sterilisation services and an understanding of the MaQS tracking system.
4. Extensive knowledge of Australian/New Zealand Standard 4187: Cleaning and Sterilising Reusable Medical and Surgical Instruments and Equipment, and maintenance of associated environments in health care facilities".
5. Demonstrated excellent communication skills and negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
6. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of National Accreditation Standards and Numerical Profile process.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of Work Health and Safety legislation requirements for a TSSU environment.