Purpose of Position
To provide accurate, timely and complete classification of diagnoses and procedures from the medical record using ICD-10-AM/ACHI classifications, Australian Coding Standards and a computerised Encoder.
1. Completion of a recognised ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS coding course or relevant tertiary qualification in Health Information Management.
2. Demonstrated experience and competence using ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS 9th Edition.
3. Demonstrated recent experience coding in a hospital with a broad range of specialties of intermediate casemix complexity. Recent experience in hospitals with complex casemix across all specialties is required for Admin Officer 5 or MRA equivalent.
4. Demonstrated ability to analyse and assign accurate Diagnosis Related Groups
5. Demonstrated experience using 3M Codefinder and coding resource materials
6. Demonstrated excellence in organisation and time management, with the ability to manage competing priorities and daily targets
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written communication
8. Demonstrated ability to work both in an unsupervised environment and within a team with excellent interpersonal skills