Purpose of Position
The Kirketon Road Centre (KRC) is a targeted primary health care facility located in Kings Cross involved in the prevention, treatment and care of HIV/AIDS and other transmissible infections among ‘at risk’ young people, sex workers and people who inject drugs.This position provides: administrative support to staff at KRC and associated sites; staffs all client reception areas; performs general office and data entry duties; and, participates KRC’s needle and syringe program and methadone access program.
1. Effective customer service and public contact skills.
2. Demonstrated experience in general office duties, including reception and telephone skills.
3. Good verbal communication skills.
4. An understanding of medical record administration and patient confidentiality requirements.
5. Willingness to work late evenings and weekend shifts as required.
6. Ability to work in a busy and often unpredictable environment.
7. Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and ability to input data into database packages.
8. An interest and understanding of KRC’s service goals and objectives.