Purpose of Position
Plan, coordinate, and implement high levels of clinical expertise and specialized knowledge in order to provide high quality psychological care to clients and their families / carers of the Older Persons Service consistent with NSW Health, South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) policies, procedures and standards.
1. Completion of a Masters or Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology from an APAC accredited course – current full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia, with an endorsement in Clinical Psychology.
2. Extensive post graduate clinical experience in Psychology and expertise working with clinically complex clients using evidence based practice in older adult mental health.
3. Excellent negotiation, decision making and advocacy skills including the ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, throughout all organisational levels.
4. Proven ability to provide high level clinical advice and education to enhance service delivery and to guide and support others in providing service excellence
5. Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to apply independent professional judgement when dealing with situations of a complex nature
6. Ability to initiate, lead, complete and share quality improvement initiatives and service evaluation processes and lead ongoing quality improvement activities with other staff
7. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing clinical and professional development and capacity to provide supervision to other Clinical Psychologists.
8. A current unrestricted class C drivers licence