Purpose of Position
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is committed to improving the care provided to our patients in line with our vision of Working together to improve the health and wellbeing of our community.
All staff are expected to act as an appropriate and effective role model and promote culture and supporting practices that reflect the NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment through demonstrated behaviours and interactions with patients, clients and employees.
1. Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia.
2. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others.
3. Demonstrated ability to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery and to guide others in providing service excellence.
4. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and apply professional and ethical boundaries when dealing with complex situations.
5. Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems.
6. Detailed knowledge and understanding of risk management, safety and quality principles and the role of the Registered Nurse in applying these principles.
7. Post registration experience in surgical nursing.