Purpose of Position
The registered midwife is responsible and accountable for the provision of woman centred, evidence-based midwifery care and is expected to embrace practice development principles in partnership with women and families in the delivery of that care.
1. Registered Midwives with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
2. Demonstrated competencies in and knowledge of the complexities and challenges involved in caring for a woman and her baby during pregnancy labour, birth and postpartum period
3. Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team in a rural health setting
4. Knowledge of and ability to work within a woman centered framework for maternity care with a willingness to show leadership and embrace change in the coordination and provision of midwifery care
5. Demonstrated commitment to professional development, evidence based practice and an understanding of recent contemporary changes in models of midwifery care