Purpose of Position
Currently recruiting for a Registered Midwife
1. Current authority to practice as a Registered Nurse /Midwife with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
2. Demonstrated competencies in and or knowledge of the complexities and challenges involved in caring for a woman and her baby during pregnancy labour, birth and postpartum period
3. Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team in a rural health setting
4. Knowledge of and ability to work within a woman centered framework for maternity care with a willingness to show leadership and embrace change in the coordination and provision of midwifery care
5. Demonstrated commitment to professional development, evidence based practice and an understanding of recent contemporary changes in models of midwifery care
6. Demonstrated experience working in a rural health setting.