Purpose of Position
This position will be a key enabler to ensuring compliance with the national regulator, the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA), for higher education delivery that is compliant with the Higher Education Standards Framework (HESF) 2015. The role has a lead function in in linking with a range of organisations across the health system including the Local Health Districts, the Pillars, the Specialist Networks, Colleges, other Professional bodies and the tertiary education sector. It will also be highly influential in supporting HETI’s contribution to strategic imperatives including Living Well.
1. Demonstrated experience and skills in the strategic design, delivery and evaluation of higher education programs and training with a strong understanding of contemporary adult education principles, curricula design and consumer focus.
2. A strong understanding of current policies, higher education regulatory requirements, frameworks and issues in Health with the capacity to identify strategic implications that will affect course development, design, delivery and evaluation for effective practice application.
3. Significant demonstrated people management skills including staff development for enhanced outcomes.
4.Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and influence complex stakeholder engagement and sustain a broad range of networks within a changing organisational landscape.
5. Demonstrated experience in the preparation, evaluation and critical review of literature, research publications and service generated data.
6.Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills, showing the capacity for critical analysis and the capacity to inform innovative strategic solutions.
7. Strong planning, project management and organisational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage competing tasks, meet deadlines and achieve targets and track and manage status and dependencies across multiple strategic initiatives.
8. Relevant qualifications and experience in adult education, including higher education experience supported by demonstrated knowledge and practical experience of at least 2 years.