Purpose of Position
The Admissions Clerk is responsible for the timely and accurate data entry and associated administrative processes of all patients admitted to Gosford Hospital. The position plays a pivotal role in providing an information service to patients and the community, promoting the use of private health insurance through providing accurate information, whilst maintaining a high level of standard and customer service.
The Admission Clerk is part of the wider Patient Services Unit that will support and work closely with Emergency Department, Revenue Department, Patient Liaison Officers and Ward staff, and will be able to accurately and efficiently admit and classify patients entering Gosford hospitals.
The Admissions Clerk will work under broad supervision and will also require the individual to take some independent action demonstrating good intuitive, communication, planning and time management skills. Decisions affecting the overall functioning and management of the Admissions processes will remain the responsibility of the Manager – Admissions and Revenue Initiatives, as well as the Patient Services Manager.
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to undertake a diverse range of tasks as an effective team member in a high pressure, high volume work environment.
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Availability to work various shifts.
• Demonstrated understanding of patient confidentiality and ability to deal confidently and courteously with people at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to show initiative and excellent problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated previous administration skills including computer/data entry experience and software platforms.
• Demonstrated commitment to Caring for the Coast vision, goals and strategies, with demonstrated behaviours which align with the NSW Health CORE values and CCLHD Values and behaviours charter.