Purpose of Position
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of person centred; evidence- based nursing care that promotes positive health outcomes. The Registered nurse will assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in collaboration with individuals and the multidisciplinary healthcare team. The Registered Nurse will assist in the provision of supervision and support for less experienced clinicians and will maintain their professional accountability and development in accordance with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council Competency Standards. Further to this the Registered Nurse will align their professional conduct with those of the NSW Health CORE Values.
1. Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse (Division 1).
2. Recent clinical medical/Respiratory nursing experience in an acute care environment.
3. Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
5. Demonstrates an understanding of the Continuous Quality Improvement concepts.
6. Computer literacy and understanding of relevant health related information systems.
7. Demonstrated understanding of person centred care and NSW Health Core Values.