Purpose of Position
The Coronary Care Unit is a 6 bed Unit along with a 30 bed Cardiorespiratory ward. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of person centered, evidence-based nursing care that promotes positive health outcomes. The Registered nurse will assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in collaboration with individuals and the multidisciplinary healthcare team. The Registered Nurse will assist in the provision of supervision and support for less experienced clinicians and will maintain their professional accountability and development in accordance with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council Competency Standards. Further to this the Registered Nurse will align their professional conduct with those of the NSW Health CORE Values.
1. Registered Nurse with current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
2. Recent clinical experience in an acute care setting.
3. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others.
4. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
5. Time management, organisational skills and the ability to work independently.
6. Demonstrated understanding of the Continuous Quality Improvement concepts.
7. Demonstrated understanding of person centered care and NSW Health Core Values.
8. Computer literacy and understanding of relevant health related information systems.