Purpose of Position
The primary aim of the program is to improve a school’s capacity to respond to children with challenging behaviours and other mental health concerns.
* Relevant tertiary qualifications for a Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, or Psychologist. Professional registration or eligibility for membership of appropriate professional association as per discipline.
* Understanding and application of principles and strategies of early intervention, prevention and health promotion.
* Experience in providing a range of therapeutic family and group interventions.
* Demonstrated high level of written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of Mental Health Act and Children and Young Persons (Care & Protection) Act.
* Demonstrated ability to work within a multi disciplinary team.
* Demonstrated experience and sound computer literacy. Eligibility to drive in NSW.
* Demonstrated ability to assess, intervene and engage children and young people and their families /carers.