Purpose of Position
To provide effective front line customer service for the ward whilst ensuring accurate and timely recording of patient information on patient information systems and processing of medical records.
1. Demonstrated experience in reception and administrative tasks with customer focussed approach to service delivery.
2. Proven effective communication and liaison skills.
3. Demonstrated initiative and ability to problem solve.
4. Demonstrated ability to work within a team structure in a multi-disciplinary environment.
5. Demonstrated ability to learn and use computer systems and databases.
6. Proven effective interpersonal skills.
7. An understanding of and commitment to patient information confidentiality.
8. Flexible approach to work shifts of various duration at short notice and ability to adapt to changes in the work processes in various wards/units.