If you are looking for a Nurse Unit Manager role that primarily manages services related to General Surgery, Gynecology, Gastroenterology and Ophthalmology, then this may be the career advancement for you.
To succeed in this role, you will bring strong leadership skills to successfully coordinate the running of the Surgical Ward by supporting and mentoring the nursing team and foster a positive workplace culture.
You actively participate in clinical education networks and working collaboratively with health care teams across the care continuum. You take accountability and responsibility for ensuring nursing practice is evidence based and committed to excellence in patient and family centered healthcare.
About the Role
• Ensuring positive patient outcomes by displaying clinical and professional leadership
• Managing the daily operations of the ward
• Rostering of nursing staff and Staff Performance Review
• Teaching of nursing students’ involvement in up-skilling programs
• Budget planning and financial management of resources
• Ability to manage and professionally approach emergency situations
• Act as a clinical role model
• Full time Permanent Position - 76 hours per fortnight
Located in the Gulf country region of Queensland in the north west outback of Australia with a population of 18,678. 1830km north west of Brisbane.
The city is well serviced by national and international retail and restaurant chains and locally owned businesses with a friendly community. This Mining town provides a true outback experience for anyone wanting to learn about the cities historic culture and mining history.
• Registered Nurses with current AHPRA registration
• While not mandatory a postgraduate qualification highly regarded
• A QLD current drivers’ license
• Nurse Grade 7
• Immunisation evidence
• Strong communication skills
• Previous managerial experience
• Generous salary ($116,092 to $126,037 p.a + 12.75% super)
• Annual recreational leave p.a with 17.5% loading
• Salary sacrificing options
• Professional development
• Access to corporate discounts and employee wellness and assistance programs
• Many more benefits
About the Client
Our client located in Queensland’s north west provides acute and elective surgical care to the patients from the North West side of Queensland. There is a 12-bed ward, the Pre-Admission Clinic, and The Day Surgery Unit with 10 patient areas, able to accommodate beds or post-operative chairs. The facility provides a range of clinics in speciality and sub-speciality services.
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a nursing division within Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and medical recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international medical recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist midwives like yourself with finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
Simply click on ‘Apply Now’ and once we’ve received your CV/Resume & cover letter, one of our nursing consultants will be in touch. To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Julia/ Dorian at [email protected] or call us on 1300 444 100.