Working for the Defence Force is a rewarding and prestigious healthcare career. The Australian Defence Force is one of the world's leading military organisations and is currently looking to allocate permanent nurses across different sites within Victoria.
Nursing Jobs Australia is one of Australia’s largest medical recruitment agencies. We are honoured to be recruiting, on behalf of our client, for outstanding mental health registered nurses who want to take their career to the next level.
You are a passionate and dedicated Mental Health Registered Nurse who is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare. With an ability to put patients at ease, your warmth and care is one of your greatest attributes.
You are able to work autonomously, and you thrive in a busy environment where you can make a difference to those in need.
You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do.
You are committed to providing exceptional health services and working as part of a multidisciplinary team to support delivery of the highest standard of care to patients.
If this resonates with you - You will love this opportunity!
As a Mental Health Registered Nurse you will be responsible for providing quality clinical care to staff who have been injured from training or during combat.
- You will develop and maintain patient care plans
- Liaise with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide coordinated patient management
- Provide assessment of patients
- Coordinate outpatient and inpatient treatments
- You will undertake intake assessments, risk assessments, crisis intervention, case formulation, medication management and group psycho-education, as well as additional support services as required.
- Credentialed with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN); OR minimum qualification of Graduate Diploma Mental Health Nursing (with at least 75% of program on Mental health theory or practice).
- Extensive full-time Post Graduate experience in mental health in a primary health; OR specialist mental health setting undertaking comprehensive mental health assessment and delivering a range of evidence based 'Focussed Psychological Strategies'.
- Nurses must hold unconditional and unrestricted registration AHPRA
- A minimum of two (2) consecutive years in acute care (full-time experience within the last 5 years)
- IV cannulation certificate
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001) certification
- CPD log records for the last registration period with AHPRA
- Australian Citizen only eligible to apply
- Current Police Check
Medical/ Immunisation Record
You will be required to provide proof for each vaccination below.
- Hepatitis B
- Measles Mumps Rubella
- Annual Influenza
Before you Apply
Please ensure your CV includes the following:
- Must include - start and finish dates for each role (eg: MM/YY)
- Title of role (eg: RN)
- Full name of Health facility (no acronyms)
- Department worked (eg: Cardiac ward)
- Type of employment (eg: Full-time, Part-Time or Casual)
- Hours worked per week (eg: 38hrs)
- List of the duties performed
About Nursing Jobs Australia
Nursing Jobs Australia is a division owned and operated by Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and medical recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with 15 years of industry experience, and is an international medical recruitment agency that helps qualified medical professionals with their career in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices located in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist nurses like yourself with finding their next role within the healthcare industry.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Or You can send your most up to date CV to [email protected] or let us answer all your questions by calling the Permanent Placement Nursing Team on 1300 900 100