The Position (Immediate start)
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced Nurse and Midwife with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to women’s health.
- Permanent Role
- Hours are negotiable from 64 – 80 hours per fortnight
- Shift work: Rotation of shifts including day, afternoon and night
- Access to salary packaging benefits
You will bring an extensive background in midwifery nursing, with skills and experience to make a difference in providing quality care.
You are committed to providing the highest quality care across all areas of maternity, including delivery suite, antenatal, postnatal and nursery.
- Antenatal/Pre-Natal care
- Postnatal care
- Birth Suite
- Special Care Nursery
You will have excellent communication and customer service skills, be passionate about the role, and be an energetic and confident leader for our students and graduates.
South-West Coast of Victoria, Approximately 350km south-west of Melbourne
- Dual AHPRA registration as Registered Nurse and Midwife
- Minimum of Grade 2 role – experience required, not suitable for New Grad
- FSEP certification at a minimum of Level 2 practitioner within past 12 months
- Neonatal Resuscitation competency within past 12 months
- Current Driver's License
- Experience in the provision of clinical supervision to students and graduates
- Approachable personality to enable you to act as resource person for all learners and staff
- Display a “Can Do” attitude
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and think on your feet
About the Client
The client provides a 24-hour midwifery service, which includes antenatal, labour and delivery, post-natal care and domiciliary care with support for breastfeeding and parenting.
They strongly believe that every birth is a unique event, and women should receive care appropriate to the social, personal and cultural needs throughout pregnancy, labour, birth and in the days following discharge home.
They also provide postnatal and domiciliary care to women who give birth at other hospitals.
Maternity care is shared between the GP, specialist Obstetrician and a team of dedicated midwives. There are low risk birthing services for women with term pregnancies (between 37 – 42 weeks), and for those women who develop complications or go into labour less than 37 completed pregnancy weeks, are referred to a specialist located at a larger regional hospital for birth of the baby.
Simply click on ‘Apply Now’ and once we’ve received your CV/Resume, one of our nursing consultants will be in touch.