The Position (ASAP start)
To succeed in this role, you will bring strong clinical skills into the correctional healthcare setting and have a passion for client care, ensuring a high standard of service for adult and youth demographics.
Clients may enter the facility with various conditions, including detoxifying, disturbed, disaffected or fragile, and may have a history of poor compliance with treatment, a reduced recognition of behavioral boundaries and inadequate cognitive skills.
As a team leader of the clinical team, you will perform duties with the support of a Registered Nurse and an Enrolled Nurse. You must show excellent medication knowledge commonly used in Mental Health and psychiatric settings.
- Conducting “at risk” assessments on patients referred to them, and participation in Risk Review Team meetings
- Accurately documenting care provision using the Subjective, Objective, Assessment and Planning (SOAP) format
- Developing, implementing and evaluating suicide/self-harm minimisation/psychiatric crisis prevention strategies and regularly assessing their effectiveness in reducing suicide, self-harm and psychiatric crises in a Justice facility
- Immunisations, wound care, chronic disease management and performing minor procedures in accordance with Medical Officer’s orders
- Effective discharge planning for the patient transitioning from prison care to community care, including making appropriate referrals
Make a Difference
This is your chance to make an impact in the mental health industry and grow your career to the next level as a Team Leader. This autonomous role is the perfect opportunity for someone with a thirst for growth to develop their career, as our client offers free access to training and ongoing support. Your loyalty to the facility and commitment is rewarded by a 2.5% annual increase in salary base every year.
The salary for this position is $91,800 + superannuation + 2.5% annual increase
More about this opportunity…
This position would suit a Mental Health Nurse who is looking to work in a small team and be involved in decision-making processes.
Due to the importance of the role, shifts are set in a way to ensure optimum collaboration on the floor, thereby allowing each nurse to bring a specific set of skills.
- Work will be a mixture of AM, PM, ND along with regular weekends
- Full-time preferred (or alternatively a 0.8 EFT will be considered)
Buddy Shifts as part of Induction- Great Opportunity!
The induction process is designed to empower you and ensure you are ready for your first shift. Our client recognises the value in providing you with the opportunity to do a number of buddy shifts with one of the Mental Health Nurses on the floor who’s been there and done it.
We have two sites available (Free Parking on site):
- Registered Nurses with current AHPRA registration
- Postgraduate Mental Health Certificate (mandatory)
- A minimum of 1 year post graduate experience in psychiatric nursing
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Proven experience dealing with complaints and incident management while achieving successful outcomes
- High patient empathy and a desire to do ‘good’ for the community
- Ability to participate in the “at risk” on-call roster
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheet applications; or a strong willingness to learn
About the Client
Nursing Jobs Australia is a division owned and operated by Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and medical recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Our client has a maximum emphasis on specialising in correctional environments (prisons and transitional centres) within Australia and providing healthcare in Victorian public prisons. Our Client is a fast-growing organisation with over 15 years in operation, and are continually looking for new opportunities to expand their health services through successful models of care, built on sound clinical practice and a patient-centered approach.
Simply click on ‘Apply Now’ and once we’ve received your CV/Resume, one of our nursing consultants will be in touch.
To speak to our Nursing Team directly and discuss this opportunity, please email your enquiry/CV to Julia Pascuzzi / Dorian Oberle at [email protected] or call us on 1300 900 100.