About this Role
We are seeking a passionate Nurse Manager with exceptional acute/mental health experience and wanting to take that next step forward in their career.
As a Custody Nurse Manager, you will be required to utilise your clinical experience, critical thinking and reasoning skills to assess people held in custody. This position requires you to make decisions that will determine the next course of action as a team leader. Additionally, officers will be waiting for your health assessment outcome, which makes this one of the most challenging but also rewarding clinical roles.
You may be caring for clients who are suffering from mental health conditions, present uncooperative or with substance abuse and more. You need to be confident in your abilities and dedicated to providing the very highest standards of care.
Your role is to ensure the smooth operation of the custodial nursing unit by delivering high-standards and best practice client care. Managing a team of 20 nursing staff and providing an effective nursing service to the custody suite, you will utilise your leadership skills to direct and develop staff while ensuring a collaborating work environment.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Conducting clinical assessments
- Identifying and implementing appropriate interventions
- Collecting forensic samples
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records to ensure the health, safety and welfare of detained persons held in custody
- Referrals when needed to external health providers to ensure the safety of all individuals
- Appropriate actions in case of emergency complying with legislation and conform with the requirement of clinical accountability
- Develop and maintain effective working practices with external healthcare providers, such as the ambulance services, mental health teams and drug and alcohol services, working with them to ensure interventions requiring external involvement are carried out effectively and efficient
- AHPRA registered with no restrictions
- Minimum of two (2) years as a Nursing Manager in the Australian Healthcare System
- Experience in Mental Health settings
- Previously worked in the Emergency Department or equivalent
- Have strong leadership skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Full time
- Business hours only. No weekend shifts.
- Salary expectation: Between $110,000 - $150,000 + superannuation + STI
- Excellent onboarding and training processes
About the Client
Nursing Jobs Australia is a division owned and operated by Skilled Medical Pty Ltd, a leader in international health and medical recruitment placement for short-term and permanent roles.
Our client has a commitment to safety and wellbeing of the community and their staff as their highest priority. They want to ensure we are staying proactive and taking all precautions to keep everybody safe and healthy. Our client’s values are based on Respect, Leadership, Professionalism, Integrity and Safety - which are the fundamentals in everything they do.
If you are looking to make a difference every day and believe to be the best person to make an impact to the existing team – ‘APPLY NOW’.