About the Organisation
Danila Dilba Health Service is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation providing culturally-appropriate, comprehensive primary health care and community services to Biluru (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) people in the Yilli Rreung (greater Darwin) region of the Northern Territory.
The mission of DDHS is to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of its clients through innovative comprehensive primary health care programs that are based on the principles of equity, access, empowerment, community self-determination and inter-sectoral collaboration.
About the Opportunity
Danila Dilba now has 2 x opportunities for registered General Practitioners to join their growing team of health professionals. Servicing up to 7 clinics all within a 20km radius of Darwin centre, these roles are ideally being offered on a full-time basis, however Danila Dilba is open to part-time arrangements (minimum 3 days) for suitable candidates.
General Practitioners at Danila Dilba provide a range of culturally appropriate comprehensive primary health care services to the surrounding communities. As part of your general duties you will:
- Provide clinical services to clients in the acute setting while applying the principles of chronic disease management to appropriate cases;
- Participating in screening, recall, follow-up and referral processes;
- Utilising the Communicare client management system, HIC online and other associated systems to ensure that client records are maintained accurately and meet all legal obligations; and
- Contributing to operational system reviews and improvement.
To be considered for this position you will have full working rights within Australia, be registered as a General Practitioner with AHPRA and have a minimum of two years clinical experience, as well as holding relevant professional indemnity insurance.
To view the full position description, please click 'apply now'.
Why work for Danila Dilba
This is a highly rewarding opportunity to work within a fast paced and expanding organisation providing primary healthcare services to communities in the Northern Territory.
You will receive a competitive remuneration package negotiable with experience and qualifications, plus a range of benefits including:
- 6 weeks annual leave per year;
- Salary sacrificing options;
- Full-time or part-time work hours;
- The opportunity to work within a dedicated team of health professionals;
- The opportunity to live and work in a tropical setting; and
- Close proximity to all the beautiful natural heritage and attractions offered within the Northern Territory.
You will work alongside a team of down to earth people who are dedicated to what they do. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact in closing the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing… one helping hand at a time. You will have variety in your role, always experiencing and learning something new, while having the opportunity to really progress your career.
Interested? Apply Now.