About the Organisation
Proudly serving Australians since 1928 and voted Australia’s most reputable charity 8 years in a row, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency aeromedical and primary health services for people in rural and remote Australia. RFDS Victoria believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the ability to access essential primary health care services.
About the Role
Here is your opportunity to work with an iconic Australian organization whilst enjoying a rural lifestyle! The Royal Flying Doctors Victoria (RFDS Vic) are excited to announce positions are now available for a GP Clinical Lead and additional GPs in a permanent full-time or part-time capacity in North West Victoria.
RFDS Victoria are establishing a brand new General Practice in the North West Victoria region with an anticipated commencement date in late 2019. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to help shape a different way of working and make your mark on how the Flying Doctors deliver this highly anticipated service in regional Victoria:
- Support the under serviced rural communities in Mildura, Robinvale, Ouyen, Sea Lake and Manangatang
- Emphasis on comprehensive care rather than throughput
- Realise integration and partnerships with local health providers
- Work with a network of practitioners to support work life balance
- Contribute to the development of the model of care and a sustainable network practice for the community.
- Are a VR GP or have Fellowship with RACGP/ACCRM
- Have registration with the Australian Medical Board (unconditional)
- Believe people in rural locations deserve access to quality health care and better outcomes
- Are prepared to travel between towns
- Are excited by innovation, team work and providing integrated care and
- Want to enjoy the spoils of a Victorian rural lifestyle
We can offer:
- $200-300K - salaried position with the prospect to complement with % billings
- Salary Packaging
- Relocation assistance
- Access to a car (for travel between practices)
- Experience in introducing and sustaining services, established relationships with local partners and a skilled and encouraging support team.
For further specifics regarding each role please see the position descriptions provided. For a confidential discussion call Christine Ferlazzo, Senior Health Service Manager on 0488 900 581 or email [email protected].
To apply please apply below or email a cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the subject heading “GP/ GP Clinical Lead Application” by Sunday 29th of September, 2019. Any published closing dates are estimated and RFDS Victoria aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
RFDS VIC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.